Judy's #4 Orange/ Blue/ Purple Challenge

I answered this challenge with some springy 3-D daffodils. A learning experience, as I don't recall folding this sort of flowers before. The little bitty quiltlet measures 6" x 7." It's ok. But I don't love it.
Then I stumbled across a Charley Harper Quiltalong currently happening on flickr. The coordinator has permission from the estate for the group to reproduce his drawings in fabric. I googled images and when I saw the cardinal, I knew this is what I was meant to do all along. I intended to use the image for inspiration but I came close to reproducing it.
I love everything abut this cardinal. His attitude. His sharp clean lines. His beady black eyes. His knobby knees. He's actually a tomato color, which I consider a shade of orange. Isn't it? The blue seeds are stitched with lilac thread. The little quilt measures 8.5" square.

0 Comments