Julie's #4 Challenge - Orange, purple and blue

I'm honored and challenged to be a part of this group.  This is my first challenge in which I've been able to participate.  This challenge has also come at a busy time for me.  You would know that orange is my most challenging color to use - my orange section in my stash only consists of 4 or 5 fabrics.

For this challenge, I turned to a pattern that I've been wanting to try, Ricky Tims' Caveman Quilting, the Chantelle Tulip flower.  My roots are in traditional quilting - so free cutting curves and making things uneven was a step out for me.  Though the picture doesn't show it, I quilted the center of the quilt with orange thread and the borders with purple thread - thus challenging me to be bolder in my thread selection.  This measures about 14x22".


I'll enjoy this quilt hanging on my front door as I look forward to contemplating the next challenge.

0 Comments