Shirlry Challenge #5 Self Portrait



I am posting this challenge early as the girls were having problems with the self portrait. I
put some suggestions into our group site and promised to post my picture early after explaining how I did it . I used a simple photo shop method and then thread painted it.

I took a photo of myself and then put 3 pictures of it in photo shop - clicked on filter and then filter galleries (all sorts of wonderful things can be found in the filter portion of photo shop) I found a cross hatch setting and clicked on it ( there are other settings that
focus the colors and divide them more sharply if you want to do a quilted portrait). I then printed it on a fabric photo sheet -- let it dry , removed the back and placed it on a piece of timtex -- or heavy stabilizer - then I thread painted the colors. The original is a bit more like the actual photo although my thread wasn't as dark. This is the first project I have done
since last June as life really got in the way for me-- and I admit I enjoyed it.

I do hope you don't mind me posting it a bit early. Shirley

0 Comments