Cheryl challenge #2 Favourite Places

Favorite Places

Ia Orana!
I was excited to find out the theme to our latest challenge and immediately knew it would have to be themed around the ocean or beach. I took advantage of the hot weather early on and sun-painted the background before I knew what I would do with the rest of the piece. This was the first time I had used acrylic paint with a textile medium unfortunately the clouds are covered up by the palm fronds. It was a learning experience and I am excited to experiment more with paints. Once I decided how I was going to finish the piece, I really enjoyed the creative process of bringing it all together.

This piece gave me the opportunity to practice my free-motion stitching, which I so desperately needed. Working on a smaller piece is so much easier! The finished size is 15” x 17”. I have not put a binding on the piece yet because I haven’t liked anything I have auditioned. It is hanging now, raw-edged. Something will come to me.


So my favorite place is really anywhere in the South Pacific. This piece is representative of Tahiti, and the hammock is where I spent time relaxing, reading, enjoying a Hinano or two, and watching the sunset.

May your favorite places bring you peace and comfort.

Manuia!
Cheryl

0 Comments